Lunes, Hunyo 04, 2012

when I learn how to pray


this is not the actual incident...just see how he look when he cry :-)
        One night my son Nathan couldn't sleep because of pain in his right ear.  It seems very painful that he cried so loud and I had a little bit of worry.  I said to him that I will pray. I prayed softly touching his right ear and a little while he slept.  When he woke up in the morning, he said, "mommy di na masakit " and  I said to him God answered our prayer, He healed your ear.  Almost the same incident occured again,  this time was toothache. (the first time he experienced toothache)  He's complaining and I said, "ok I will pray."  He said, " dali na mommy pray ka na sakit kasi" he remembered how God healed his ear so  without asking him which part of his tooth is in pain, I touched the lower part and then prayed.  After praying he said, "mommy  masakit pa din"  I don't want to discourage him so asked him which part of his tooth is painful. He said the upper side and I said I prayed the wrong one.  I will pray again. I prayed again touching the upper part which he said was painful. I heard him mussing and a little while he slept. 
  
Nanay with baby Nathanael John
                 I always pray for my kids and I want them to participate, in fact, we used to pray together. Me, Nathan and John when we pray we held hands together.  They shut their eyes as I lead the prayer. We usually start our prayer by thanking God for everything He has done and then we ask His blessings to every member of the family.  When my mother was so sick, we prayed for her almost every night.  Now that my mother is fully recovered,  I praise the Lord for answering our prayer; the childlike prayer of my children. We pray also for those who ask prayer. Those who will text for prayer, I informed them during our prayer time those who have prayer requests.
      
              It's very important for me to teach my children about God and to come to Him through prayer. But I have to be careful in teaching them. I remember one day when our refrigerator did not function.  On the night,  I said to my children we will ask God to help us for our ref  be repaired, or we will ask for a new one.  As usual, we held hands together, closed our eyes and pray.  When I asked God for a new refrigerator, here comes Nathan asking God for a new house with second floor (same with AJ's house) and John echoed for new toys, new car, and so on and so forth.   If I don't explain to them about the way God answer the prayer of His children, they will be discouraged to pray. 
            
             I have my prayer time.  Usually my prayer time is during my devotion.  Me and my husband before we sleep also pray.  Sometimes it's a sacrifice on my part because my husband usually arrived from his work very late in the evening and so we prayed very late in the evening (or early morning). It's either I will wait for him, or I woke up when he arrived..  As leaders in our church, very very important also that me and my husband participates in church's prayer time.  Prayer is very important to me.  During my single days, I remember  I joined  prayer group. I remember, I represent the youth group in our community.  There were times I had difficulty in terms of decision making, whenever I experience this, I go to prayer mountain alone and seek God for His will in my life. 

           There are many ways how I come to God in prayer. I just want to share something I  learned through the years in Prayer.
       
           When I was a kid, I thought prayer was just merely repetitions of  memorized sentences offering to the images I think  was holy.  When I came to know Jesus as my personal Savior and Lord seventeen years ago, I've learned that prayer is from the heart.  Yeah, important thing I've learned was that I should have first relationship to God before I can come to Him  in prayer with honesty and full surrender.  As I was growing in the knowledge of God, and as I had been discipled,  I've learned many things about prayer. Here are some of the important things I've learned in prayer which I think helped me a lot.
         
           In prayer, I learned this ACTS way:
                                      
                                       A - adoroation
                                       C- confession
                                       T - thanksgiving
                                       S - supplications

            Adore God for who He is. Confess to Him all  sins whether it's intentional or unintentional. Thank Him for the many blessings  He has given. Supplications, asking God for everything or intercede not only for my own behalf but also for those people around. Praying for neighbors, community, missionaries, country and many to mention.
         
           I've also learned that God answer my prayer in three ways:

                                      Yes
                                       No
                                       Wait

            Yes, if it's for my good.  No, if it's not His will for me.  Wait, if He's teaching me to be patient and to know that God's time is the best time. 

            Scriptures encouraged me a lot to pray.  Jesus is my sole model in prayer. As Jesus finds a solitary place to pray,  It's always my desire to be alone with Him in prayer.  Sometimes I realized, to be with Him in prayer is the happiest hour of my life.  I can share with Him anything. I give to Him all my burdens and anxieties.  I can share of Him happy things. I can cry out to Him.  Sometimes prayer also is a battle. It's like warfare.  

           In whatever things, I have to  Pray without ceasing. (1 Thes. 5:17)
                             

Life is more beautiful when I learn to pray,


Mirasol 


                   

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento

Learning MPCWA

   In my early christian life, what I used to  do was to read my bible randomly like "mini miny moe".  Later on , I learned to re...