Lunes, Abril 01, 2013

Nathan David's another birthday

        Two weeks ago, my eldest son Nathan David, asked me if it's okay to change his birthday.  I was amused by his question.  He was very persistent to the point that he's crying and asked it many times during that week.  I posted it on my Facebook timeline and friends commented.
5th Birthday / His birthday is August 20, 2007
Two of my friends from CEF (Child Evangelism Fellowship) suggested that I should lead him to Christ for him to have a new birthday.  I've been teaching him about God and how much God loved him.  I think last year, I shared with him the Gospel and tried to lead him to Christ but he said he's not ready.  One of my friends said that we should pray for him. She used the terms in Tagalog "hinugin muna natin sa panalangin".  Yes, I always pray for him and for all my children.   From the book of Rolf Garborg, The Family Blessing, I learned that parents should not only pray for their children but they should: 1) pray for them - it means parents should intercede for their children 2) pray with them - meaning with children participating in prayer and 3) bless them - use the Word of God to bless them like in Numbers 6:24-26.
      This morning,  while Naomi Mathia, my youngest was asleep, I went to our room to pray.  I pray for many things but off course I did not forget to pray for my children.  The whole day passed doing my daily routine as mother and housewife.  Because it's summer time,  I always think of daily activity for my children for them to get busy.  I remember our pastor's preaching last Sunday suggested that parents should discipline their children by giving them more time to study the Word of God.

 So this night, after supper, I gathered my children for Bible study using the CEF lessons and flashcards.
 ( Nathan was sitting and listening, Nathanael John was not that interested while Naomi Mathia was crawling and trying to get the flashcards from me) . I shared with them lesson 1 and 2 of Beginnings about creation and the story of Adam and Eve. Nathan is already familiar with creation because I already taught it to him and it's also taught in their school's Christian education subject.  But this time, I narrated the story step by step.  Nathan was  full  of questions.  I laughed when I ask him to give samples of fruits that God created, he said "mommy, fruit salad". When we got to the story of Adam and Eve, he saw the flashcard that Adam and Eve were naked and he asked why.  I explained to him that they were not shy because that time they were innocent of sin.   At the end of the story I point out to him that through Adam sin entered the world. (Romans 5:12). Nathan asked me if he is a sinner too.  After explaining about sin, I put emphasis on God's act of love by covering Adam and Eve through the skin of an animal and related it to God's love to us by giving to us Jesus who died on the cross  for our sins.  I challenged him and encouraged to pray.  He said he doesn't know how to pray on his own so he prayed over me.  After our prayer, I've noticed the glow in his eyes.   He promised to help me in Good News Club (children's ministry outreach) every Saturday.  He said he will help me by holding the flashcards while I'm teaching.  Praise the Lord! He answered my prayer! 
      This night, my son, Nathan David had a new birthday.  I will continue to remind it to him.   I will pray to God to give me more wisdom  and guidance on how to disciple him for him to grow in the knowledge of the Lord.  I can sleep now with peace and great happiness for what God has done for my son Nathan David. 

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you.
Psalm 32:8

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento

Learning MPCWA

   In my early christian life, what I used to  do was to read my bible randomly like "mini miny moe".  Later on , I learned to re...